Robin Redbreast Day is back
We continue to hit great heights with Redbreast Irish Whiskey since initially helping the brand develop and launch its global S&R platform back in 2020. As we entered the third year of the program we were tasked with driving fame around ‘Robin Redbreast Day’ – an annual day to raise awareness and funds for the brand’s ongoing mission to ‘keep the common birds common”. We needed to cement the ‘Robin Redbreast Day’ as an annual moment in people’s calendars.
Following the pandemic, people were eager to reconnect with nature again, which saw a significant rise in interest for bird watching and nature walks. The trend saw collectives on social media, such as Flock Together, building bird watching communities within major cities, creating a new found audience.
We wanted to tap into this trend, and explore ways in which we could engage and educate existing fans on Redbreast Irish Whiskey’s mission whilst engaging this new audience on a global scale.
Where better to celebrate the common birds than a visit to the home of many species in Ireland. Working closely with the on-the-ground team in Ireland, we secured seven global media and influencers to attend an exclusive press trip hosted at the beautiful and scenic Cabu Cabins. The trip featured a range of activities to celebrate Robin Redbreast Day, including panel talks, a bird watching walk with BirdLife International and Chris O’Dowd, tastings of Redbreast’s spectacular whiskey, and a luxurious dinner led by renowned Michelin Star chef Richard Corrigan.
Utilising interview time with Chris, we secured interest from key target titles such as Forbes, Irish Times, Evening Standard and Maxim, and this resulted in a total of 25 pieces of coverage for Robin Redbreast Day.
This was accompanied by a global partnership with iconic and premium mens title GQ, which resulted in an in-depth piece on Robin Redbreast Day, amplified across their platform and social channels. We also amplified the release of the 3rd edition of the intricately designed bird feeder bottle by working with the markets to secure 14 pieces of coverage in gift guides and product round-ups ahead of the Christmas season.
The entire campaign gained over 80 pieces of coverage on both traditional and social media, with coverage featured in Forbes, Irish Times, Evening Standard, Metro, Daily Express, Esquire, Good Housekeeping and much more, earning over 351M media impressions. The best part? The activity raised €100,000 for BirdLife International, now that’s worth a tweet or two!
• 27 social media pieces and 141k+ impressions from the Irish event (KPI: +80%)
• Chris’ donation video hit 1.1M+ views across social with over 2M reach and 26K link clicks
• 7 million+ in impressions across all social handles
• 100% of Robin Redbreast Day earned coverage included a link to the donation video
• 171 tags on social media since the campaign launch
• Raised 200k (€) for BirdLife International
Earned Media Specific KPIs
• 12 pieces of coverage for Robin Redbreast Day in Top Tier media, including Evening Standard, Metro, The Spirit Business, and Luxuriate Life (KPI: 6)
• 14 pieces of coverage covering the limited-edition bird feeder bottle in Gift Guides of Top Tier media, including Metro, Daily Express, Esquire and Daily Star (KPI: 7)
• 7 global attendees covering the exclusive Irish event (KPI: +57%)
• 6 organic social media posts (KPI: 3)
social media posts
- Raised over
for BirdLife International
“It was a pleasure working with the Pangolin team on another successful campaign, celebrating Robin Redbreast Day and raising awareness for our charity partner BirdLife International. We are overwhelmed with the results from the last few years and the conversations that we’ve created around the common birds and look forward to continuing to make an impact next year and beyond!”